- We used materials from the old stockyards that once existed in the property and antiques collected throughout the years.
- Some of the furniture was built from shutters and other antique woods.
- We invested in the center of Portugal and gave priority to construction materials and workers from this region contributing to the dynamization of the local economy.
- We employ workers from neighboring villages.
- We intend to capture external financial resources and reinvest them locally.
- Photovoltaic electrical energy production.
- Both the irrigation system and the watering areas for the animals are automatic.
- Fresh products produced either on the farm or region in order to decrease our carbon footprint.
- Meals by order, to avoid food waste.
- Reusable tableware instead of plastic.
- Glass bottles for water.
- Rechargeable dispensers with amenities instead of small individual plastic bottles.
- LED lamps and energy-efficient appliances.
- Request to reuse towels and bedding.
- Awareness to use the air conditioner and take baths during daytime given our use of photovoltaic energy.
- Water taps and flushes with a reduced flow to avoid wasting water.
- All bedding dries outdoors and only the indispensable is ironed to help reduce energetic consumptions and contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle. The client can always ask for the bedding to be fully ironed without any additional cost.
- We don’t use chemical pesticides or herbicides on the farm, ensuring a well-balanced ecosystem.
- We prioritize products produced in our farm.
- We recycle all waste transforming it into organic matter to use in vegetable and animal production.
- Our farm animals are happily bred outdoors in large spaces specially made for them.
- Lots of covered places with shadow so the animals can rest and avoid the sun.
- Water pond for birds.
- Balanced diet supplemented with farm vegetables.
- Personal treatment making the animals more friendly.